Sunday, June 16, 2013

Zozobra - Savage Masters (2013)


Zozobra is Caleb Scoffield's (Cave In, Old Man Gloom) latest project. While I was nowhere near drawn to them judging by their weird-sounding name as well as by their first two releases (2007's Harmonic Tremors and 2008's Bird of Prey) which both moved in an area that I find boring to say the least, their latest release Savage Masters that came out just a couple of months ago forced me to give them my full attention.
6 songs, 15 minutes. While this fact alone doesn't say much, let's see what you'll say after listening to this unstoppable stream of crusty and sludgy post-hardcore. This is the first release of 2013 that has excited me so much and it will most likely stay among the first places of the relative list at the end of the year. Feel free to check this incredible EP out, and then grab a vinyl copy from Brutal Panda Records, while it is still in stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment